Join the team
ROK Electrical strongly believe in the benefits of implementing a successful Apprenticeship scheme within the Company, building a skilled electrical workforce for the future and currently employ and support a number of Apprentices within the team.
ROK Electrical are best placed to offer an apprentice the Commercial Site exposure they need in order to complete the full Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification.
As we manage our Apprenticeship course inhouse our HR Department has established links with many local colleges that we currently work with.
As part of the recruitment process, we ensure you are placed with the nearest college geographically to your home if appropriate and continually review the colleges to ensure you are gaining the correct education whilst completing the course.
You can be reassured to know that our HR department work both closely with all of our apprentices, colleges and site supervisors ensuring by due diligence that there are no ‘hiccups’ along the way and that course is passed.
ROK Electrical grant apprenticeships to a diverse and wide-ranging age group.
For example, we currently hire apprentices who have chosen to apply following their GCSE’s or A’Levels, some have degrees and have trained in other careers, others may have site experience but may have never qualified in a trade previously.
An apprenticeship can happen for the right candidate at any given time if they prove to demonstrate the desired attributes that the Company looks for in an Electrical Apprentice. Could this be you?
Please refer to our literature provided on this page explaining the apprenticeship pathway including expectations for applicants and the benefits of working for ROK Electrical as an apprentice.
- Full sign up/ support with agreed college to attend day release from site 1 day per week to complete the Level 3 Electrotechnical Installation Qualification. Attendance hours paid for.
- Full supervisory support provided onsite.
- Pay package above the national minimum wage. with travel allowance and 20 days paid holiday.
- HR Support with interim 6 monthly appraisals.
- ECS Card and other work-related courses provided.
- Opportunity to take part in Team building days and social events
- Provision of an apprentice toolkit – all power tools supplied onsite.
- Uniform and PPE Provided.
- Qualifications needed to apply to college course; Grade C (Level 4 or above) in Maths, English & Science
- Appropriate site health and safety card (CSCS or ECS), if you do not have either of these cards upon time of application you can still apply for 1st stage application.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, be driven with a proactive attitude with excellent time keeping. Previous work experience in any sector needed.
- Willingness to travel to site locations independently a driving licence is desirable (not necessary initially) due to some site locations being inaccessible to public transport.
- Proven research and understanding of college course content.
- Proven research of the commercial electrical industry.
Step 1 Send in CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of CSCS pass
Step 2 – Telephone Interview
Step 3 – Book CSCS Health and Safety Test if you do not already have CSCS/ECS Card
Step 4 – Ring office with CSCS test date to arrange an interview
Step 5 – Apply for CSCS Card upon successful interview
Step 6 – Work trial/Placement
Step 7 – Contract of employment issued upon successful trial and induction day attended prior to commencing full time work on site.
Step 8 – Company to book ECS test and apply for apprentice card
Step 9 – Apprenticeship enrolment at chosen college
Call to book CSCS test with Pearson Vue on: 0344 994 4488 (Payable by phone £21)
Remember to take the valid ID documents!
Call to apply for CSCS card with CSCS:
0344 994 4777 (Open 8am-6pm, avoid 12-2pm busy times)
Press 1 to agree
Press 2 to request a 6-month provisional CSCS card from a CSCS advisor
(Payable by phone £30)